Spanning over 25 acres of land, it is situated at prime location in city beautiful. Its infrastructure is well known and well designed. Its three storeyed building eatrs for streams of education science, commerce and six vocaltional courses. With vast grounds and greenary all around, it has the best environment for the all around development of the students. It provides all types of sports facilities, has N.C.C (Naval & army wings), NSS wings, scouts & girl guide wing. This school has previlage to have vocational counsling block giving guidance to students whenever they demand i
News are written and moral lectures are given time to time. It has a well furnished Library having about 25,000 books, which is open for students always, It has four houses covering all the staff members and students, which look after the overall development and there motto is to take the torch of school's services higher and higher.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is an effort to universalize elementary education by community-ownership of the school system. It is a response to the demand for quality basic education all over the country. The SSA program is also an attempt to provide an opportunity for improving human capabilities to all children, through provision of community-owned quality education in a mission mode.
National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organisation comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth – ‘The Leaders of Tomorrow’ – into disciplined and patriotic citizens. The genesis of the NCC can be traced back to the First World War when the Britishers created the University Corps as the second line of defense and to have a large pool of trained youth available for employment into the Armed Forces. After independence the present day NCC under the Ministry of Defence came into existence on 16 Apr 1948 through NCC act XXXI, 1948.
Education Department, Chandigarh Administration introduced Vocational Education in Govt. Senior Secondary Schools of Chandigarh in the year 1987-88 at 10+2 stage. This is a distinct stream running parallel to Science, Arts and Commerce streams. To begin with five Vocational Courses in Five Govt. Senior Secondary Schools were introduced in the year 1987. Presently there are 20 Vocational Courses in 21 Govt. Senior Secondary Schools. These courses are broadly classified under four heads namely: Home Science, Health and Para-Medical, Engineering and Commerce.
1. IN ORDER THAT EACH STUDENT MAY ENJOY THE FULL BENEFITS OF THE FACILITIES PLACED AT HIS DISPOSAL, HE HAS TO ABIDE BY THE CONDUCT REGULATIONS OF THE INSTITUTION.
2. STUDENTS ARE ECPECTED TO BEHAVE WITH DECORUM AND TO PAY DUE RESPECT TO ITS FACULTY AND SUBORDINATE OFFICIALS.3. LOUD TALKING, LOITERING OR CONGREGATING IN THE CORRIDOR, BEING SOURCE OF DISTURBANCE AND ANNOYANCE TO OTHERS IS NOT PERMITTED.
4. LATE ARRIVALS AND EARLY DEPARTURES AT OR FROM A SCHOOL ARE RECORDED AS ABSENCE FROM THE SCHOOL.
5. IT IS MISDEMEANOR TO INTERFERE WITH ANY APPARATUS OR ENTER ANY LAB/ROOM OTHER THAN DIRECTED.
6. NO STUDENT HAS ANY AUTHORITY OVER THE EMPLOYEES OF THE INSTITUTION.
7. SCHOOL PROPERTY IF DAMAGED THE FACT MUST BE IMMEDIATELY REPOTED FOR NECESSARY ACTION.
8. NO RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO STUDENT’S PROPERTY.
9. THE STUDENTS AT THE INSTITUTE REQUIRE ATTENTION AND DILIGENCE .A STUDENT NEGLECTING HIS STUDIES AND SHOWING UNSATISFACTORY PROGRESS WILL BE GIVEN TWO WARNINGS AFTER WHICH IF HE FAILS TO IMPROVE , WILL BE LIABLE FOR EXPULSION FROM THE INSTITUTION.
10. CONDUCT INCONSISTENT WITH GENERAL SCHOOL RULES OR PERSISTENT NEGLECT OF WORK OR FAILURE TO RESPOND PROMPTLY TO OFFICIAL NOTICE MAY BE PUNISHED WITH LEVI OF FINES AND EVEN EXPULSION FROM THE SCHOOL IN THE INTERESET OF GENERAL DISCIPLINBE BY THE PRINCIPAL.
11. THE STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO COME IN THE SCHOOL IN PROPER UNIFORM AS PRESCRIBED BY THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OF CHANDIGARH ADMINISTRATION.
In Govt. Model Sr. Sec. School Students learn about Science and Commerce and also Six Vocational Courses as well. There is one Biology Lab , One Chemistry Lab and One Physics lab also establish for students convenient
Informatioan Techonology 10+1 and 10+2
Maths/Economics/Business Studies, I.T Systems Business Data Processing , DTP, CAD Multimedia.
Stenography and Computer Application
Accountancy / Business Studies/Economics, Office Procedure and Practice , Typography and Computer Application , Shorthand.
Electrical Applicances, Engg. Drawing,etc. Electrical engineering (sometimes referred to as electrical and electronic engineering) is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the study and application of electricity
AC & Reff. Tech
In this course students learn about Air conditioned and Refrigeration Techonology in duration of two years. There is complete workshop for practical training .
Electronics is the branch of science and technology that deals with electrical circuits involving active electrical components such as vacuum tubes, transistors, diodes and integrated circuits.
Auto Mobile & Tech.
In order to study automobile engineering, you would need to have a strong base in science and mathematics. Through your knowledge in science, you would understand the various scientific methods that are followed to perform the experiments that are required in the field of automotive engineering.